Softgel Capsule Manufacturing Process
Sport Energy is committed to sustainability and practice corporate conservation. Here’s how we’re reducing our environmental footprint:
- We produce our own energy
- We are a solvent-free facility
- We strive towards lean manufacturing—zero waste
- We recycle paper
- We use energy-efficient lighting
- We utilize earth-friendly cleaning products
Building a Greener Future One Kilowatt-Hour at a Time
We have incorporated a 260-kilowatt co-generation machine that generates electricity using natural gas. When the power is generated, heat is produced and can be harnessed for other elements, such as heating water for our boiler. We also have invested in two additional chiller units (45 and 75 tons, respectively) as part of our manufacturing capabilities. This ecology-friendly upgrade to our facilities supplies us with an uninterrupted source of power, independent of the California Power Grid. By providing 80% of our own power, we can be considered a reliable and environmentally-conscious supplier.
- We reduce air pollution by recycling the waste heat.
- We save other pollutant-spewing fossil fuels from being burned.
- We cut carbon dioxide emissions, other greenhouse gases, and nitrogen oxides.
Reducing Waste in the Workplace
By adopting a strategy of lean manufacturing and green thinking, we have streamlined our production process and are utilizing our resources more efficiently. We are committed to saving more than just trees. We have reduced the amount of gelatin left over from each manufacturing run and sell the remnants to other industries, so that there is less waste.